What's a content analysis & how do you conduct one?
Step 1. Choose the main types of pages on the site
The most important pages on your website:
- categories / subcategories of goods/services;
- product page;
- blog page;
- about page;
- search results page;
- payment page;
- custom 404 page;
- and others.
Let's start filling main types of pages in the table.
Copy yourself the template page with the analysis.
Step 2. Analyze the homepage, categories/subcategories of goods/services pages
We are moving according to plan:
- Text size (how many words is 1000 characters without spaces), what is described, how do you analyze content in a trend analysis.
- Does the page have headings H1-H6.
- How is the text structured and readable, whether there are bulleted and numbered lists, whether main points highlighted in separate blocks.
- Whether the text contains images, tables, and video content.
- How accurate are the occurrences of keywords on the page, is it spammy, what additional words are used.
Step 3. Analyzing product landing pages
- How accurate and detailed are the technical characteristics of the goods.
- Is the price available for viewing, how competitive is it in the niche.
- Is there an informational description of the product, how many characters does it take.
- Are there blocks “Similar products”, “Buy with this product”, payment and delivery block.
- Are product photos enough to make a purchase decision, is there a video about the product.
- Is it possible to leave comments on the page.
- There should be no spam on the product page.
Step 4. We analyze the competitor's blog pages according to the following parameters
- How often and to what extent new content is published, how high quality it is.
- What is the volume of the text of each article, is there graphic and video content.
- How many characters without spaces are in a text.
- What topics does the blog contain.
- Does this blog bring traffic to a competitor and what kind.
Step 5. Filling pages on the site (how to buy, payment, delivery, warranty, etc.)
- How well each page is filled with information.
- What is the way of presenting the information.
Each shipping method is illustrated. Important points are highlighted:
Just text, inexpressive and obscure
After analyzing all these five areas, you can conclude how you can supplement the texts on your site.
Want advice on website content? Sign up for a consultation